Search This Blog

Thursday 26 April 2012

Look great when burning the bra!

It still strikes me that one is often asked, 'ARE YOU A FEMINIST THEN?' (picture horrified/pitiful/patronising face to go with it) when pronouncing basic innocent half sentences such as 'I disagree' 'I don't iron' 'My husband does it' 'I have friend of the opposite sex I go for lunch with' etc.

If the battle is still on, as these comments highlight, I see no reasons why a girl (or anybody - boy, man or woman - for that matter!) should not look her magnificent best even whilst burning the feminist bra or when chained at the gates of patriarchy.
Here is a great blog to learn invaluable lessons on how to look effortlessly great. This is crucial for someone like me who too often makes the mistake of neglecting one side of herself in favour of another. For example, when I feed the mind I am not able to do anything else but also feed the body with rubbish aplenty whilst altogether forgetting to look in the mirror; then when I concentrate on my abs all I do is burn calories by constantly roaming the local TK-Max for lycras; and when I decide to be careful about what I eat my daily cultural intake consist in swallowing an episode of The Apprentice! Why oh why can't I have it all? (Another reasons to blame my parents for trying to raise me as a boy - I don't seem to be able to multitask where a beauty regime is concerned.)

And so I put all my faith in Kelly, I am sure she can make miracles. Here is her fantastic Blog:  http://www.lookgreateverydayuk.com/

Oh, if you happen to be looking out for me at the next Race for Life I will be the one that having just passed the finishing line looks like she has just woken up and threw something on.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Pippi, thank you for the plug and thanks for a great read. I'll be following you with a smile from now on x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.